September 24, 2006

I am Not Turning Right....

So I went to McKinney yesterday to scrapbook, and for those of you not from these parts here are a few little morsels of information:

1. McKinney is really far away, kind of like Frisco far away, but even further.
2. Yesterday there were some really bad storms around here, and if you have seen the movie Twister then you can begin to understand how the sky looked yesterday.
3. Again I must stress the distance from my house to McKinney: it is a 95 mile round trip!

OK, so I had a blast scrapbooking and the day was really fun, but on the way there my friend Fuzz and I really did think that we were making a grave mistake by being out in the storms. It was that scary greenish, grayish sky with funky clouds and raindrops that will poke your eye out or a leave a bruise, or both. This leads me to the title of my blog, and perhaps a good lesson for us all to take along on our next trip to wherever:

I am not turning right because that is the way of the corn fields and the twisters.

Just remember, the next time Google Maps tells you to turn right (or maybe left) be sure you look before you leap. The way of the corn fields and twisters really isn't the way to go...no matter what Google says.

Have a great week everyone! God Bless!!!!

Church Lady

No comments: