November 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Grandma Makes Her Grand Entrance!!


Today was a very, very special day for our family. My grandma turned 92 and we gathered in Denton to honor the amazing matriarch of our family. It was a really neat time together, just enjoying the day, the laughs, the smiles, and the memory making.

Today my grandma was surrounded by family: my Aunt Janet & Uncle Don, my cousins Brent & Kaycee and their kiddos Amos, Isaac, Hannah, Leah, and Joseph, my cousin Brenda, my mom, my brother & Erika and baby Riley, Kaycee's parents, and a few other friends that stopped by to say hi and offer well wishes.


Grandma loves her "sweeties" so I thought this picture of Aunt Janet showing grandma her cake was just priceless!! The party was rolling along well for a little bit with Grandma opening presents and enjoying cake and punch, but the real present arrived a little later on...Miss Riley.


Grandma was so intent on holding Riley and savoring every minute with the precious little one. Here are the pictures that capture the joy and wonderful heirloom of four generations together in one place...it was really special to see my brother, my mom, my grandma, and Riley all together....








Erika held Riley for grandma to first meet her.





I like this picture with Riley and grandma's sweet hand.
























Brian, Grandma, and Riley.


Below, Four Generations of hands (Great Grandma, Grandma, Dad, and Riley).....I love the hands.











The last four pictures: Aunt Janet, Cousin Brenda, Cousin Kaycee, and Uncle Don all treasure a little time with a very cute, very sleepy Riley!

Today was a blessed day...a day to look back on and just savor.

Thanks for stopping by...

Church Lady

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Very sweet . . glad you guys got to be all together - and Riley will treasure those pictures someday!
kendra

Lindsay said...

SO CUTEEE i wanna see the baby... : ( I miss yall!! school just gets in the way of everything!!