January 22, 2007

Mixed Emotions

Yesterday I went to visit my Grandma, and I must admit to having a hard time with how things are going. About a month ago she had two falls at her Assisted Living Home and had to go to the hospital and then move to a Rehab Center. Thank God, there were no broken bones, just a lot of sore bruises. The bummer is that she can't go back to Fairhaven, she has to stay at the Nursing Center/Rehab place. And, her health has really failed in the past month or so. It's just so hard to see my sweet gramma so small and frail...

I know that she has had a wonderfully long and full 92 years, but selfishly I am not ready for her to go. And seriously, I am so mixed because going to Heaven will be so wonderful and for her especially...she will see our Savior and her baby boy...my dad. So it's a tearful and tough one for me to wrestle with, and so in the mean time, please pray for comfort and peace for my sweet Grandma and for my whole family as we walk through this time.

You can click back to November and see her at her 92nd birthday....

Thanks for listening,
Church Lady

1 comment:

Kendra said...

That is a hard one. We wrestled withe the same emotions with my Dad's parents last year as they both passed away within 3 months of each other. I just look forward to us all being in heaven . . . it gets sweeter and sweeter with all the people who have gone before me. Heaven's always looked fantastic to me, but the longer I live here on earth, the better and better my eternity looks! Sorry for the sadness that is sure ok for you to be feeling . .it's hard to watch your lifetime heros fade. See you tomorrow!
k