October 13, 2006

Friday Night with The Vaughn 3!

Tonight we hung out with The Vaughn 3 so our good friends Donny and Kendra could enjoy some time without kiddos. It's always a blast to hang out with these boys because they are great kids plus they are hilarious...you just never know what is going to be said!! Of course I deceided mid-week that this time with The Vaughn 3 would be blog worthy, but man, they delivered more than I could ask for!!!

Colby and Tyler started the night out with some good ol' wrestling which ended with Tyler giving Colby a slight slam into the carpet. Colby wasn't really sure whether to laugh or cry, but he made the best of the opportunity and got Ms. Traci to snuggle him and soothe his battle wounds. The wrestling was followed by Cory and Lindsay's arrivals which meant that it was ice cream time!! Woo hoo!! Brady and I passed on the ice cream, but I must say that I made some pretty awesome cones for Tyler, Colby, Cory, and Lindz. We enjoyed some play time and ultimately decided that Curious George was the way to settle down and spend the rest of our evening.

When the movie ended I walked with Tyler and Colby to their room in prepartaion for some sleepy time. Now comes my favorite part of the evening: prayer time with Colby and Tyler! The descision on who was to pray was unanimous: Traci. So, I accepted the honor and moved on to determining who we would pray for. Here is the prayer list for tonight: Mommy, Daddy, Brady (except Colby wasn't too sure we really needed to pray for them). Next Colby decided that we needed to pray for all the animals in the zoo that God would keep them safe in their cages. We closed our prayer list with Batman and Superman...praying that they would still be able to fly. So, we bowed our heads, prayed our prayers and Colby chimed in with a resounding "Amen." Tyler opted for his freedom of prayer rights by saying, "Traci, I don't think I have to pray that prayer." I stifled my laughter and hugged both boys off to dream land. I sure do love these kids!!!

So, our evening was awesome....and here are the pics to prove it...the shots are of Colby, Tyler, Brady, me and Lindz with The Vaughn 3, and Cory's version of babysitting!!!!


















Many thanks to Donny and Kendra for letting us have such a fun role with their family...we sure do love you guys!!

God Bless,
Churchie

2 comments:

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

We sure love having you guys coome over and play with our kids!! They love all you guys so much!! Great pics too!

Lindsay said...

This weekend was fun!